This Site Has Moved

I moved the blog some time ago to ModernForager.com Please join in the discussion over there!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Shoulder Surgery and Sleep article

I underwent arthroscopic surgery this morning on my left shoulder to (hopefully) keep it from dislocating again...I refuse to give up sports at the ripe age of 27. The nerve block hasn't completely worn off yet, so my hand and arm are still asleep and I have no pain yet. It's starting to wear off though so within a few hours I think I'll be hurtin' for certain. Anyway typing with one hand is annoying, so I'll not be posting much.

In the meantime though, enjoy this article about extra sleep and athletic performance.

Significant improvements in athletic performance were observed, including faster sprint time and increased free-throws. Athletes also reported increased energy and improved mood during practices and games, as well as a decreased level of fatigue.


A few other posts I've had regarding sleep: Sleep articles - Forgive my laziness in not posting them separately.